Wednesday, April 04, 2007

No joke

If I had posted this on Sunday, no one would have believed me. "Oh, that crazy Teej, trying to pull an April Fool's Day joke on us." Crazy, yes, but this is no joke.
After weeks of spending time with this great girl named Julie, she and I decided to make that leap into "couplehood." Really, I mean it. Do I have to simplify this for you?
Teej has a girlfriend.
The world still turns and hell didn't freeze over. Stranger things have happened.
We are taking things slow, which is best for us both.
It is a frightening thing. The last three days I've woken up thinking, "I will see my girlfriend today." Every time, I get a little freaked out and rightly so. The whole relationship business hasn't been kind to your pal T.J. I don't need to get into any of that. It is a constant gnawing rat inside my head, waiting to burst out the first chance it gets, just to remind me that I will probably do something to wreck this entire deal.
Optimist to end, aren't I?
Between the two of us, we have our share of stories to tell each other. She writes Young Adult-style fantasy fiction and I write what I write.
Last night I let her listen to Meat Loaf. today she will hear Metallica and feel the awesome rock that is The Beasts from the Bay.
And now you are asking yourself, "How the hell did Teej get hooked up with a girl that doesn't listen to Metallica but has an overwhelming fondness for Josh Groban?"
Like I said, stranger things have happened.

In other news, I'm still waiting to hear about an internship in Seattle. I didn't get the New York scholarship I was up for, but that's OK. This Seattle deal will be better in the long run. Also,my prospects for being super important at the Argonaut next year are increasing. There will be a number of vacancies on the editorial staff, including Web/managing Editor and Arts editor. The way things are going, if I don't get one, I'll get the other. It really depends on where the new Editor-in-Chief (who just happens to be my current section editor) wants me.
We shall see what we shall see when we see it.

5 comments:

Tuhd said...

Well now, looks like Teej is moving up in the social... dating... thing. Congrats on the girlfriend my friend. If you ever need advice, you know where to reach me.

Dude, congratulations again. Good choice on taking things slow. Expect that there will be lots to discuss, many things to work through, and loads of good times strewn about in between.

-J

-L. said...

are you keeping this a secret from those that don't read your website???

T.J. said...

uh, no. Why?

-L. said...

because mom said she has talked to you recently and you hadn't mentioned anything to her

T.J. said...

Yeah, but how do I tell her now?