Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mid Term So Soon?

Somehow, midterms have snuck up on me without my knowing it. And I'm think, What the hell? It is barely March and I'm halfway through this semester? The calendar doesn't lie.
Here is how this breaks down:
I have one test next week, on Thursday. It is in my FIlm Theory and Criticism class. Today, I got back the results of the first test in the class. I thought I had bommbed it. I was sick and missed the review day, which was also the day everyone else was handed a copy of the questions and told we could use a one-page "cheat sheet." I scored an 83 out of 100. Not too shabby for not knowing the questions. The funny part is how I earned those points. The test was short essay-style. We had to answer 4 out of 6 questions with each essay being worth 25 points. My break-down went like this: 24, 10, 24, 25. So I must not have paid attention to the day we talked about that second question.
Moving on. I have a 9-page paper due for my 16th century poetry and prose class next Thursday, also. NOt as bad as it sounds. It is writing about 3 of 6 questions, 3 pages each and at least one secondary source for each question. I can handle that.
For my fiction writing class, I turned in a short story last week and the rest of the class will be spent workshopping. Cake.
For my News Editing and Production class, we'll have a much larger midterm project that will be assigned on Tuesday. i sort of know what to expect but not entirely.
Naturally, I will be spending the weekend workingon the paper and studying for the film test. Then I can give the rest of the week over to the News project.
Sure does sound like I have things planned out, doesn't it?
Good thing there isn't a NASCAR race this Sunday or I'd be screwed.
And after this "midterm" week is over, it is Spring Break.
Already? Geez.

No comments: