Friday, March 02, 2007

Please submit 15-25 pages of your best work...

So, My writing professor in Las Vegas nominated me for this super kick-ass summer writing program scholarshipin New York State. he warned me ahead of time to watch for an e-mail from Skidmore College. (I really want this scholarship so I won't make any jokes about their name.)
I recieved that e-mail today.
Everythingis cool. I just have to fill out this application, write a letter about what I have done and what I want to do, send them $40 for the appliaction fee, (which sucks, 'cause i don't exactly have an extra forty bucks just lying around), and 15-25 pages of my best work.
WHAT????????????

Yes, I have more than 25 pages of writing that I think is good. That isn't the problem. Do I send them a couple short stories (I can hear Leslie Shipp in my ear saying, "Send them 'Seeds and All.") Or do I send off 25 pages of the novel in progress which many of you currently have available?
I have to have this sent out by March 9, by the way.
I should have been thinking of what to send before now.
No matter. I will send my best work (suggestions welcome...fiction only) and I will get this scholarship.
Yes, I rule that much.

No comments: