Friday, February 24, 2006

A dream I had

This week, I have been preparing my first issue as editor-in-chief. I've done all I can do, now I'm just waiting for someone to come in and check that I did all the layout stuff right. I don't know much about that end, but I'm a smart guy and figured out how to do it. I am worried that I didn't do it right, that something will be wrong and the printer will send it back. It looks good on the screen.
Last night, I dreamt that a few people went ahead and sent it to the printer without me. It came back looking nothing like what I had done. In the dream, I tried to stay calm but eventually I blew up. A major tantrum ensued; chairs were thrown, windows broken, people hurt. Mayhem all around.
Naturally, I woke up paranoid. I want to do a good job. i want the people who hired me to know they made the right decision. I'm already a couple days behind where I hoped to be. Some say that is to be expected for my first issue. I know there are things that happen, I just hate being the cause of those things.
It is so much easier to yell at other people.

No comments: