Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Bus, the Paper and Cheesesteak

My first winter here in Las Vegas, I killed a woman on the bus. Ok, I didn't really kill her but I was the last person to talk to her. I got on the bus, saw her in her chair and, in a rare moment of holiday cheer, actually said, "Happy holidays." When the woman's stop came up the driver went to help her unhook her wheelchair so she could get off. She was unresponsive. The driver called the ambulance. They took her off and that was that.
Tonight, the driver of a bus I was on had a heart attack. The driver was able to call for the ambulance himself. Hopefully, the attack was not severe. I made it home eventually.

Other than that, today was a much better day than last Friday was. I figured out what I did wrong and fixed it. Amazingly, fixing the problem took less time than causing the problem. This is not always the case. Although the paper is still not all the way finished, it will not take long tomorrow to complete. Even better, I now know that I know enough to do the whole blasted thing myself. Yes, it's true; I do rule.

Have you ever noticed that th eone thing you really want often is not available when you want it? Today, I felt like having a snadwich from The CheezSteak Factory. I've only eaten there three times. When I arrived at the spot the Cheez should have been, it was gone. I'm sure there are other CheezSteak Factories around town, but I may not be in the mood to eat there when I see such a place.
This is not only true for cheesesteak sanwiches. This is also true (at least for me) about love. The one you want is not always available when you want them. Sometimes, the person is taken. Sometimes, they are out of business. Hopefully, there is another one waiting somewhere. Hopefully, I'll be in the mood when I find it.

No comments: