Thursday, March 16, 2006

Playing the system

Tonight, I will be attending my second concert as a reporter. I will be interviewing a British band called Athlete. They are openng for a band called Switchfoot. Ask me if I previously knew anything about these bands and I'd have to say no. We'll see how it goes.
If it goes anything like the first show I went to, I will have a couple new bands on my favorites list. That would be cool.

Here is what I've learned so far. Artist & Promotions people love it when you want to write about their band. Those first two, the A&R contacted me first. That made me feel special. To be acknowledged as a real publishing entity.

This morning I took a chance and called a record company about a band coming to town next month. Yes, I want to interview this particular band, but I also want to see the performance of the headliner. My interview will be with Lacuna Coil, a heavy metal band from Italy. How cool is that? The headliner is...
ROB ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm half-tempted to contact his label, tell them I'm already set to get intot he show and ask if I can get a few minutes with Mr. Zombie. I love saying that. "Could I pseak with Mr. Zombie for just a moment?"


I may be broke but look at the perks!

1 comment:

-L. said...

when are you going to update us on the Concert!!!