Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Crossing the Black Cat's Path

Superstition says that if a black cat crosses your path, you will have bad luck. I take this to mean that the cat actually has to walk in front of you, literally crossing your path. But what if you come upon a black cat which seems to be headed that bad luck walk but then stops and not just waits until you finish your walk but actually turns around and goes the other way?

Yes, this happened to me this morning. I saw the cat and waited to see if it would indeed cross my path. It did not. It stared at me and turned around and hid behind a bush.
DOe sthis mean I will have good luck today? Or does it mean I will have no luck, good or bad? I don't know but it made for some interesting comtemplation.

1 comment:

sapphireroze said...

I don't believe in that superstition. I don't believe in many, but with Rolly as my baby, I really don't believe in the black cat thing. He's never really brought me bad luck. Just lots of love.