Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It just may be a Loooooonatic you're looking for!

I've had this Billy Joel song stuck in my head for over a week. It is one that really makes a guy like me think.

Yes, I am still single, depsite numerous attempts. I've not attempting any such thing yet here in Moscow. I'm still getting a feel for the playing field. And, let's face it, I'm way too busy an dway too broke. Maybe I'll luck out and the girl looking for a guy like me will ask me out. Then she can pay. Right?

Friday night I crashed your party, Saturday I said I'm sorry, Sunday came, we did it all again....

There is one thing I won't be doing again, at least not this semester. I had to withdraw from the Chinese class. The transport, while not an issue today, just can't be relied on 100%. I switched it with another writing class. So now, like I always wanted, my entire day is devoted to writing in one way or another. Reading is related to writing, so that counts. I'm keeping the Chinese books and CDs, though. Maybe I can learn a little on my own.
The class I replaced it with is great. It i staught by the same instructor of my creative non-fiction class. According to him, most of the stuff done in the new class is the same stuff I did in the other class. Hooray! I'm not behind. Plus, I already own one of the books and another book for the class is by David Sedaris, a writer i really like, many times over the past year, I had contemplated purchasing the particular book. What would have been funny is if I had bought it but left it in storage.

So that is all for today. I have some reading to do and some writing. Catch you on the flipside.

1 comment:

sapphireroze said...

you took two classes from Brandon last semester??

which David Sedaris book was it?

(you don't have to respond to all these comments online or even ever. If they're important to me, I'll weasle it out of you)