Monday, September 04, 2006

Oh, Wendy, why hast thou forsaken me?

About three hours ago, I ate my first fastfood hamburger in over three months. I had managed to avoid the burger joints but I gave in. And now, I am paying for it.
Imagine if you had quit smoking. You were completely over the physical symptoms but every once in awhile, that little monkey in your head starts scratching, telling you you want a cigarette. And let's say you give in. You buy a pack (or even better just bum one from a friend) and light up. And suck in. And get sick.
This is roughly equivalent to my fastfood experience today. I didn't get sick right away. In fact, it tasted great. Soon after, however, my stomach began clenching and I had to run for the restroom. I don't have the best digestive system in the world (due in part to the fastfood I am now condemning) but this was a new record and a new low. I won't go into exact details. Suffice it to say that it was not pleasant.
What does all this mean for me? Well, it means I will be eating more salad and more single slices of pizza from campus dining.
Just imagine if my craving had forced me into a McDonald's instead of a Wendy's. The horror...The horror...

No comments: