Friday, September 15, 2006

Untitled Number One

Let us just say that it has been a busy week. Homework, writing, reading; all that good stuff. My poetry is getting interesting. I'm not writing funny poetry like I thought I might do. Rather, I am writing horror poetry. Except for my first poem for the class which was about Las Vegas and purposefully copied the style of a Jack Kerouac poem.
As for essays, I had to do two separate "personal essays" about a "significant moment in your life." I've done these before. One was a rehash of an event I've written about often. I just wrote in a different way. The second, trying to think of another significant moment in my life, was a little different. I decided to write it about discovering Stephen King. If you know me, as most people reading this do, that really was a SIGNIFICANT moment. ANd it turned out to be a pretty good essay.
Not much else going on. I'm broke for the moment. i've been eating cereal all week because last time I had momey, I bought a gallon of milk. The cereal was leftover from the trip. Wednesday, there was supposed to be free pizza from a new place but their electrician didn't show up to wire their oven hence they could make no pizza. Yesterday there was a chili cook-off. i didn't find out until I showed up that it wasn't free. Not even for the newspaper. Bastards. I guess it's ok; I didn't have my chili boots on anyway.

Also on Wednesday, I was able to sit through a rehearsal of a play being done in town. Not only was it just about one of the funniest things I've ever seen, it got that acting bug of mine itching. Perhaps I shall make some time for that while I'm here. Can you believe it has really been over five years since I was last on stage? It is hard but that is what happened when the wrting bug itched harder.

No comments: