Friday, August 18, 2006

Cars (part two)

After some smoke and nearly electrocuting myself, the car started going again. What a pain! For a while I was sure I had only made the problem worse. GRRR! Taken care of for now. WHo knows when the next day of trouble will be. The good news is that it isn't sucking down gas like I thought it would.

In other news, my lease is signed. I have a place to live. Of course, I can't move in until tomorrow when the flooring is finished. It is that cool "hardwood" laminate flooring (just like is now in the house I used to live at). They couldn't start putting down the floor until the paint dried. Yes, until the paint dried. New floor, new paint. And I'm still balking at the price: $335 a month! hard to top that. The closest was a studio for $385 with only water/sewer/gas paid. This place, that price is a flat rate AND includes electricity and internet. Phone service will be voted on by the housemembers once all rooms are filled. Most people have cell phones. Which means I might have to go get a cell phone. (Anyone want to lend me a few bucks to get one? Especially anyone who wants to talk to me on the phone.)

So, I move in tomorrow. I have all my books; I know where all my classes are. All I need now is a night of sleep somewhere other than the back of my van and a shower. i'm starting to smell.

1 comment:

sapphireroze said...

I can't imagine what the old place looks like now. I bet it's way better than when I lived there. And yeah, hella cheap too! Made me happy. Then I moved :P