Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hills and Stairs

By the end of this semester I will have lost a significant amount of weight. Have I started a workout plan with time and the gym and cardiovascular aerobic excersise? Stationary bikes, treadmills and powerbars?
Hell no!!!! What kind of person do you think I am? The gym is not a place I want to see or be seen. So how will I lose all this weight, you ask? Three words: hills and stairs.
The closest parking lot to the building my class at WSU is held is at the bottom of a very steep, rather long hill. Today was teh first time I parked there. On the parking map, they only show you roads and lots and buildings. They do not indicate whether the road is a hill or not. So I gasped and trundled up this hill then up another hill (not so steep and not as far) to the building. The classroom, naturally, is on the tird floor.
That is not my only hills and stairs area. This whole place is hills and stairs. I only have one ground floor classroom. I could take the elevator (and I'm sure I sometimes will) but I'm not as lazy as I look. Even with the brief respite from stairs, I still have to face the hills.
If I knew it wouldn't ruin the beauty of this area they call the "Palouse" (that is an "oo" sound, not an "ow") I would petition for outdoor escalators.

"I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it." Mitch Hedberg

1 comment:

sapphireroze said...

ah, old Thompson building at WSU. how I miss it and don't at the same time. yes indeed, the wonder that is UI meets WSU. I did it all last year... sort of miss it. btw, my class at WSU was on third floor of Thompson. so I definately remember it all.