Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What a rush!!!!

Busy guy. Between th ewritingjobs, the writing classes, and trying to earn Chinese, i am doing a good job of filling up my time. Then there is the hanging out at open mic nights, the gettingto know people, and the sleep. Yes, I still find time to sleep. And i'm doing this all with a still broken car.
I can fix it. I know what to do. The auto parts guy didn't quite understand what I needed even though I showed him exactly what I needed. The wire is just fine and the car would be running. It's just that, after listening to the parts guy and doing how he told me, the wire is too short.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
On the other hand, it only takes me less than 20 minutes to walk to campus from my house. Other good news is that there is a free (yes, free) bus that goes between UI and WSU. I can take that bus Tuesdays and Thursdays when that is the only class I have. Mondays, I only hav eclass at UI. WHich leaves Wednesdays and Fridays as the only days I need to drive. And that will save me gas. I like saving. (I like gas, the naughty voice in my head says.)
ANyway, Brit Lit is coming up soon. We are reading Beowulf, which I've read before. But the instructor speaks Old English and reads the epic in the language. It is very cool. I wish there was an old English class here. I'd rather take that than chinese.

TEEJ OUT!

1 comment:

sapphireroze said...

funny that you talked about the bus here, and now, it's about to be taken away from us. I think we should all revolt. stupid people.

I loved doing Beowulf. If Fehrenbacher taught a class in Old English, I'd totally do it. I'd do it for 4 semesters to fulfill my language requirement.

I feel like a nerd now.