Friday, August 18, 2006

Cars suck

Ok, one of the other reasons I avoided driving for so long was the responsibility of owning a car. The car I drove to Idaho did get me here but there was a catch.
Sunday, after gassing up in Boise, the beast would not start. I tried all the tricks until finally the battery just gave out. Problem solved the next morning: bought a new battery and things continued on their merry way.
Until today.
I woke up, got the car started and headed to a gas station to wash off a bunch of bird crap from my windshield. Made it to the station without a hitch. And then that power problem recurred. I turn the key, the gas gauge goes up and that is all. NO whirring of the engine, no clicking. Nothing. And so there it sits, at a gas station mere blocks away from where it spent the night.
Can you say frustration? I knew you could.

No comments: