Friday, October 20, 2006

The further adventures of T.J. and the Hell-bitch

Just in case you wondered, Hell-bitch is the cute pet name I use for the van. I borrowed it from "Lonesome Dove" in which Hellbitch (see how I slightly changed the spelling?) is the name of a horse only one man can ride and tends to bite and kick anyone else.

I haven't ridden-- excuse me-- driven the van in close to two months. School is a ten minute walk as is most everything else. And I didn't feel like spending the money required to fix it. I bought food instead. Because there were some things I wanted to do this weekend that obligated more than a brief jaunt on foot, I spent the money to finish the minor repairs. After some finnicking (it IS a word if I say it is) I was on the road. After doing what I wanted to do, the van started right back up and I was headed home. Instead of coming right home like a good boy, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items. I could buy more at once because I was driving and wouldn't have to walk home with my purchases.

And that is when the bitch reared its head.

It wouldn't start. I leave for nearly an hour and it cranks right up. I leave it for twenty minutes (in a parking lot less than ten blocks away from home) and it won't do anything. No engines noises that say, "I want to start I just need help." Just a click. I check everything, all the battery connections (root of the original problem anyway) and everything is as snug as I can make it. Stil won't go. Finally I am saved and given a jump and the Hell-bitch growled its growl and the engine fired up.

Fucking bitch. Wonder how long it will be before I drive it anywhere else?

2 comments:

-L. said...

The joys of your first car - hehehehehehehe

T.J. said...

Not funny. You at least had people around to help you if had a problem.